1. Classification of glass fiber products
Glass fiber products are mainly as follows:
1) Glass cloth. It is divided into two types: non-alkali and medium-alkali. E-glass cloth is mainly used to produce car body and hull shells, molds, storage tanks and insulating circuit boards. Medium alkali glass cloth is mainly used to produce corrosion-resistant products such as chemical containers, and can also be used to produce plastic-coated packaging cloth. The properties of the fibers selected to produce the fabric, as well as the fabric’s yarn structure and weft density, affect the properties of the fabric.
2) Glass ribbon. Made of fiberglass through plain weave, there are two kinds of smooth sidebands and raw sidebands. Generally, the parts of electrical equipment with good dielectric properties and high strength are made of glass fiber.
Fiberglass mesh tape
3) Unidirectional fabric. Unidirectional fabric is a four-warp satin or long-axis satin fabric woven from coarse warp and fine weft. It is characterized by high strength in the main direction of the warp.
4) Three-dimensional fabric. Fabrics with three-dimensional structural characteristics can enhance the integrity and biomimetic properties of composite materials, and can increase the damage tolerance of composite materials, and have a wide range of applications in sports, medical, transportation, aerospace, military and other fields. Three-dimensional fabrics include woven and knitted three-dimensional fabrics; orthogonal and non-orthogonal three-dimensional fabrics. The shape of the three-dimensional fabric is columnar, tubular, block and so on.
5) Slot core fabric. A fabric formed by connecting two layers of parallel fabrics through longitudinal vertical bars, with a rectangular or triangular cross-section.
6) Shaped fabric. The shape of the special-shaped fabric is similar to the shape of the product to be reinforced, so according to the shape of the product to be reinforced, it must be woven on a special loom according to different requirements. Shaped fabrics can be made into symmetrical and asymmetrical forms.
7) Combined fiberglass. Products produced by mixing continuous strand mats, chopped strand mats, rovings and roving fabrics in a certain order. The order of these combinations is generally chopped strand mat + roving fabric; chopped strand mat + roving + chopped strand mat; chopped strand mat + continuous strand mat + chopped strand mat; chopped strand mat + Random roving; chopped strand mat or cloth + unidirectional carbon fiber; chopped strand + surface mat; glass cloth + unidirectional roving or glass rod + glass cloth.
Fiberglass Combination Mat
8) Fiberglass insulating sleeve. It is formed by coating a resin material on a tubular fiberglass fabric. Its types include PVC resin glass fiber paint pipe, acrylic glass fiber paint pipe, silicone resin glass fiber paint pipe and so on.
9) Fiberglass stitched fabric. Also known as woven felt or knitted felt, it is different from ordinary fabrics and felts. The fabric made by stitching the overlapping warp and weft yarns is called a stitched fabric. Laminated products of stitched fabric and FRP have higher flexural strength, tensile strength and surface smoothness.
10) Glass fiber cloth. Glass fiber cloth is divided into six types, namely: glass fiber mesh cloth, glass fiber square cloth, glass fiber plain weave, glass fiber axial cloth, glass fiber electronic cloth. Fiberglass cloth is mainly used in the glass fiber reinforced plastic industry, and can also be used in the construction industry. In the application of FRP industry, the main function of glass fiber cloth is to increase the strength of FRP. In the application of the construction industry, it is used to make the thermal insulation layer of the exterior wall of the building, the decoration of the interior wall, the moisture-proof and fireproof material of the interior wall, etc.
Fiberglass woven roving
2. Production of glass fibers
The manufacturing process of glass fiber is generally to first melt the raw materials, and then perform fiberizing treatment. If it is to be made into the shape of glass fiber balls or fiber rods, the fiberizing treatment cannot be performed directly. There are three fibrillation processes for glass fibers:
1) Drawing method: the main method is the filament nozzle drawing method, followed by the glass rod drawing method and the melt drop drawing method;
2) Centrifugal method: drum centrifugation, step centrifugation and horizontal porcelain disc centrifugation;
3) Blowing method: blowing method and nozzle blowing method.
The above several processes can also be used in combination, such as drawing-blowing and so on. Post-processing takes place after fiberizing. The post-processing of textile glass fibers is divided into the following two major steps:
1) In the process of producing glass fibers, the glass filaments combined before winding should be sizing, and the short fibers should be sprayed with lubricant before being collected and drummed with holes.
2) Further processing, according to the situation of short glass fiber and short glass fiber roving, has the following steps:
①Short glass fiber processing steps:
Glass filament twisted yarn➩Textile glass mat➩Textile glass fiber loop yarn➩Glass Staple Roving➩Textile glass roving fabric ➩Textile cut glass filament
②Processing steps of glass staple fiber roving:
Glass staple fiber yarn➩fiberglass rope➩glass fiber roll fabric➩Fiberglass Nonwovens➩Fiberglass Nonwovens➩Knitted fiberglass fabric➩Textile fiberglass fabric➩Textile glass staple fibers
Telephone number: +86 023-67853804
Post time: Jul-26-2022